The Coronavirus (COVID-19) is circulating and has found it's way to the Midwest and it is concerning. Here at the Viroqua Food Co+op, we are closely monitoring the situation and taking precautions for the health of our shoppers and staff.
We stepped up the frequency of sanitizing door handles and other surfaces. Look for our five hand washing stations (seating area, bulk, and our three bathrooms) and sanitizing wipes around the store. Our employees are vigilant about hand washing and we ask any employee with cold/flu symptoms to stay home.
Here are some precautionary tips you can use today to reduce your chance of catching any virus:
1. Wash your hands often and use soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
2. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
3. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
4. Stay home when you are sick.
5. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
6. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray.
Find more helpful tips like these on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.