March 16, 2020
Since our last post only a few days ago, many changes have been implemented by schools, government officials, sports teams, and others to do all that we can to slow down the spread of COVID-19.
Our top priority is ensuring the health and safety of our staff, members, shoppers and class attendees. In the interest of our community and based on decisions made by other local and national organizations regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we are announcing these additional measures taking effect Monday, March 16.
• The indoor seating area is closed.
• Co-op Community room classes, outside group meetings and movies are canceled until further notice.
• We have suspended the use of reusable plates, mugs, or glasses – take-out containers only.
• More items in the produce and bulk departments will be packaged to reduce public handling: salad mix, spinach, etc. Please, no bulk containers from home.
• If COVID-19 cases are confirmed in our region/county, that will signal the next ‘trigger point’ for further measures that may include change in hours of operation
On the brighter side…
• Hot bar / salad bar will still have food packaged up for you to take home. There is no menu for the hot bar, we’ll post daily on the hot bar web page and facebook to keep you informed.
• Press pot coffee is now behind the barista counter – we’re happy to serve you. Please, no coffee containers from home.
• Our homemade hot soups are available as cold soups, packaged for you and located in the Grab n Go case.
• Sunday brunch is served from the burrito bar from 8am to 11am. Burritos will be available after 11am.
• Whole Baked chickens – yum!
• Bakery case goods, placed into individual bags
• Hot Breakfast sandwiches on the hot bar and oatmeal served at the burrito bar.
• Hot sandwiches and Naan pizzas are still available at the full-service counter in the deli, in to-go containers.
• Burritos at the burrito bar from 11am-7pm
What you can do
• When you get to the cash register, notice the blue tape on floors. The tape indicates the 6-foot recommendation of separation between people. Please give other customers 6 feet of space.
• Look for pop up tissues to cover the stylus or pen when signing at the cash registers.
What may happen next:
• If you are a VFC vendor delivering goods, we may receive all goods and invoices outside.
• There could be a reduction of store hours in the future – we’ll notify you via email, Facebook and website.