Reminder #1: It's the thought that counts
Think about what your loved ones enjoy/utilize the most!
- Are they avid coffee/tea drinkers? We've got a new line of "Hydro Flask" refillable vessels that all the staff now swears by. Like their tag line says, "Colder. Hotter. Longer. Happier." We couldn't say it better ourselves!
Reminder #2: Follow the Golden Rule
Gift onto others as you would have gifted onto you!
- How can you go wrong with chocolate? While we carry good chocolate throughout the year, holidays are no exception. Check out Gail Ambrosius "BEERIFIC" Truffle Boxes; they pair really well with beer. Or Little Secrets delicious peppermint & chocolate candies. Or Seattle Chocolates Candy Cane Crunch Chocolate Truffle Bar... Oy vey, the list goes on for days so stop in and peruse the options!
Reminder #3: Give in both directions, with purpose
When in doubt, purchase from a P6 Producer or support Fair Trade!
- We make it as easy as possible for you to know where your products come from and who your purchase supports. Look for the "P6" signs to guide you to our Local, Small &/or Cooperative Producers (throughout the store). Also look for Fair Trade symbols, the Non-GMO butterfly symbol, etc. This way, not only does your gift recipient receive a sweet gift, but you are directly choosing who benefits from your purchase!
Reminder#4: Use humor
While winning people over with your kindness, knock it out of the park with humor!
- Ever stuff stockings with lumps of coal? Now you can with Pacha's "Lump O' Coal" soap bars. Whether naughty or nice, everyone is deserving of one of these (although this Pacha variety is best for oily-skin). PLUS, this purchase adheres to #3 since purchasing these help fuel clean water initiatives, small-scale soap shops and other sustainable ventures in developing countries!
- Gift a "Henri" or a "Bruce"... Gift a wine-topper, that is! We've got some adorable bar tools at the end of the Beer/Wine/Spirit aisle that have so much character – just add a bow, I say!
Reminder #5: Offer utilitarian items
If all else fails, gift something handy/inevitably useful that everyone could enjoy!
- Food. While fresh food may seem boring – a homemade meal made with love goes such a long way! We've got some SUPREME SALES in Cheese, Meat, and Produce Departments through the end of the year... FYI: there are 2-for-1 sales happening in in the "Fresh Cut Veggies" section if you are short on prep-time... Check this sale out before these items run out!
- Calendars. HUGE and HILARIOUS selection in stock this year. "Demotivational Calendar," any one?!
- Socks. While garments such as socks fall away into the blur of our every day, is there a better feeling in the world than slipping on a new pair of socks? Seriously?!!!
Wednesday, January 4: Viroqua SOUP Event @ The ARK
Don't forget to attend the next "SOUP" event at The ARK. BYOB (bring your own bowl) and $5 and in exchange you will get 1 vote... This event is NOT TO BE MISSED. It has the power to make a difference – but only if you show up! See more information on Viroqua Chamber of Main Street's Facebook event when you CLICK HERE!
DUE JANUARY 15, 2017: P6 Microlending Initiative Applications
Any local farm or business selling food or products to VFC or at the Viroqua Farmers Market can apply for a 1-year, no-interest loan of up to $3,500. Through the VFC P6 Microlending Initiative, VFC aims to strengthen small, local farmers and producers that are part of our local food system. CLICK HERE for more information on how to apply!