It's Time to Revel in the Tastes of a Driftless Summer!
SWEET CORN TIME!
This corn is local, organic and coming from P6 Producer Fazenda Boa Terra, LLC (the certified organic CSA farm over at Taliesin in Spring Green). It's flying out the door so get some of the first seasonal sweet corn (it may be on account of our organic prices being the same as the area's conventional prices)! At the mention of sweet corn, our lovely Laura P. (Wellness Staff, Certified Dietitian, Recipe Maker, Extraordinaire) wanted to make sure we knew about her:
SWEET CORN ICE CREAM!
Laura P., I love you – let me count the ways. Number one way: SWEET CORN ICE CREAM Recipe, you master mind, you!
Laura is an overflowing-fountain of impressively-creative recipe ideas and nutritional knowledge. I spoke with her regarding my minimal meat-eating lifestyle and the essentials that might be missing. Certain nutrients are quite crucial to achieve proper homeostasis so egg yolks are definitely getting reintroduced. The beauty of undertaking this goal is that I've been sneaking them into easy-to-make, healthy but enticing, recipes like HOMEMADE MAYO and ORANGE CREAMSICLES. These dreamy creamsicles are my favorite new snack due to getting collagen/gelatin back in my diet without actually eating meat.
In case you want to skip the egg yolks and simply use gelatin, try this recipe for YOGURT PANNA COTTA w/HONEY-ROASTED STRAWBERRIES!
LAST CHANCE FOR FRESH CAPRESE ON FRENCH BAGUETTES!
...Or as I like to call them "Mozza'Mato Torpedos!" They're the VFC Deli's July Sandwich of the Month and have acquired this nickname because:
- Key ingredients: freshly sliced Wisconsin mozzarella and organic tomatoes from Local P6 Producer Deep Rooted.
- They're smeared with a big dollop of housemade pesto, drizzled with balsamic vinegar, then accompanied with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- The thing is so scrumptious; goes down the gullet like a torpedo!
Get it custom-crafted and freshly made at the VFC Deli Counter or look for it in our Grab-n-Go case!
- Get dial gauges checked on canner lids at this FREE EVENT: Food Preservation Safety Info Table, VFC, next Thursday, July 28th, 3-6PM!
VFC Owners get $10 OFF many Driftless Folk School classes. Check out the upcoming schedule of discounted classes HERE!
- VFC Owners get a 10% Discount on case orders, always. Keep this in mind as seasonal items are currently on sale, such as $4 OFF per case of Michigan Blueberries!