What's in Your Basket?
Sliced Deli Meats!
Have you seen the new line of deli meats from Plainville Farms? Melissa, our delightful Meat Buyer, has secured extremely affordable sliced meats that are going to help you get your kids (and/or yourself, for that matter) through the first week of school.
If you aren't hitting the books, grab a pack of these if you're hitting the road for a weekend to help you keep your travel budget down but your healthy protein levels up!When I travel on the weekends, I always pack a cooler of snacks to either gift to my hosts or assist in keeping my weekend WAM as abundant as possible. Here are some requisites for me:
- Twin Oaks Farms Summer Sausage; easy to cut up, not too messy, very filling
- Cesar's String Cheese; local/P6 and seriously has the biggest sticks yet least expensive, most stringiest, saltiest, all-around best string cheeses – ever!
- Local Melons; either cut before you leave and put in a re-used plastic container for easy snacking or gift to the lovely people who await your arrival at Point B. We've only got local cantaloupe rolling in now but consider these a golden gift that come wrapped in their own rind! More local melons will soon be on their way, as long as the heat keeps up and the crows don't need a snack (click here)...
AyyOhhh, current sale only lasts until next Tuesday, August 2nd/"while supplies last!" I'd tell you which flavor combo is my favorite from this wonderful company out of Viola, WI, but it appears as if it's everyone else's favorite, too since it is often sold out. Yet again though, these bars make for excellent car or school snacks.
Get Ready for School - with Case Orders & Deep Discounts!
I know it's a lot to think about already but if you, or maybe your kiddos, go back to school in a month - consider stocking up on cases of products you can buy in bulk for a discount!
Friendly reminder: VFC Member Owners get a 10% discount on case orders (click for more info).
- Last chance to sign up for the Driftless Folk School Collaborative-Fundraiser: "100 Mile Meal" on Saturday, August 6th (click here for details)!
- Don't forget to join us for another "Brats on the Lot" 2nd Wednesday of the Month Grill Out (Wednesday, August 10th)! It's a great day to support the VFC since 1% of our gross sales gets donated to Valley Stewardship Network!
- August is National P6 Month so keep an eye out... We're just now prepping gift baskets full of P6 products and will start raffling them off in multiple give aways throughout the entire month of August.
- Ditch the winter coats and join us for the first Summer P6 Tailgate Party on Saturday, August 27th (click here for details on this FREE EVENT)!