MARK YOUR CALENDARS: Free Movie & Popcorn at The Ark!
"You don't have to be a scientist to know how to eat!" Michael Pollan has a feature documentary film called In Defense of Food (CLICK HERE for trailer) and we are so excited to bring it to Viroqua! We'll supply the organic popcorn and fixin's, you just join us:
THURSDAY, JANUARY 19, 6:30pm at THE ARK (401 E Jefferson St, Viroqua)
"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants."
While looking for dietary salvation, start with incorporating whole, healthy foods!
- Let our Wellness Staff guide you through what you see in the left-side photo! We have so many products to utilize if trying to eliminate the bad/incorporate the good. Plenty of cleansing techniques don't mean starving yourself with a liquid diet.
- #GUTHEALTH is where it is at! The top-right photo is just a small selection of the large variety of cleansing beverages you can incorporate into your diet. Create a healthy flora of bacteria in your belly, as this is foundational to pH and immunity levels. If you don't love the taste of these, but are willing to endure bitters, check out the wide variety of bitters we have in the Wellness Department!
- #FREESAMPLESTODAY in the store from 3-6pm. Stop in to not only sample oranges, but also receive $2.00 OFF per 10 pound bag of navel oranges (that's just over $1/lb)! If freshly-squeezed isn't your thing, pick up some Lemon Essential Oils and alkalize + hydrate!
- If you are #STILLJUICING, grab fresh ginger and cured turmeric in Produce! If you are one notch beyond juicing, we have a local, organic supplier of wheatgrass too... All very alkalizing, cleansing and bestowing of healthy things to help you endure the dog days of winter!
- Lastly, if these options are still overwhelming, take the high road... Ask the Produce Staff to sample some citrus, then head straight to the epic collection of #BATHSALTS (less than advertised online) by swinging over to the Wellness Department. Some of these products are made of salts, minerals, essential oils and smart homeopathic plant substances that assist in toxin release – which is the kindest, most passive way to stay actively healthy! So what are you waiting for?!
With so many easy, fun ways to be kind to your body – come in today and cleanse away 2016!
Any local farm or business selling food or products to VFC or at the Viroqua Farmers Market can apply for a 1-year, no-interest loan of up to $3,500. Through the VFC P6 Microlending Initiative, VFC aims to strengthen small, local farmers and producers that are part of our local food system. Click on the link above for more information on how to apply!
Viroqua Food Co-op is co-sponsoring this upcoming event. Click on the link above to learn more!
FREE EVENT: Movie Screening & Organic Popcorn
In Defense of Food, Thursday, 6:30pm on 1/19/17 at The Ark
Click the link above to learn more!