Prep Time: 10-15mins.
1 bunch of ramps, leaves & stems roughly chopped
2 oz spinach
¼ cup grated Parmesan (optional)
½ cup sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or walnuts
¼ - ½ cup Driftless Organics Sunflower Oil
Salt & pepper to taste
• Add ramps, spinach, cheese (if using), seeds or nuts, & salt & pepper to food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are roughly chopped.
• While processor is running, slowly add oil until pesto is fully mixed & creamy.
• Add salt & pepper to taste.
• Ramps have a similar nutritional content to cultivated leeks. They are high in vitamins A & E, which are essential to the formation of healthy teeth, bones & skin, & a good working immune system. They also have a wealth of minerals such as manganese, iron & chromium, important to the metabolism of fats, carbohydrates & insulin.
• Keeps for 1 week in the refrigerator. Preserve up to 1 year by freezing in any freezer-safe container or ice cube trays. Let thaw prior to use.