#wecantwait to bring you the selection and services you’ve been asking for!
The VFC's 2017-18 expansion project DOUBLES the Co-op's current 4,400 retail sq. ft. facility, and is expected to be completed during the Summer of 2018. Specifically, the project features:
- A significantly larger deli, which includes: full-service deli with made-to-order food, larger self-service hot/cold food bars, smoothie bar, cheese/meat slicing, larger seating area, and other items deemed appropriate (rotisserie chicken, hot sandwich program, etc.)
- A bakery with freshly-baked bread, made-from-scratch baked goods, plus a greater selection of wheat-free and other specialty goods
- A meat department with room to grow for future meat processing, greater selection of fresh/frozen meats, seafood, and value-added meats (e.g. salami’'s, cured meats, etc.)
- Larger fresh produce department for increased local and organic products
- Additional cash register stations, bathrooms, and a customer service desk
- Increasing public seating indoors and outdoors, and an educational multi-purpose room
- Improved access and parking to customers
- Environmentally sustainable elements of the project include: an electric vehicle charging station, LED lighting, highly energy efficient refrigeration, reclaimed heat for hot water needs, natural daylighting, and more!